Comes complete with game system, AC adapter and stylus. + our 30 day warranty.
Nintendo is transforming the way people access, experience, create and share content with the new Nintendo DSi system, the third iteration of the world's best-selling portable video game system.
Some features that will be built into the system and ready to enjoy upon purchase include the Nintendo DSi Camera, Nintendo DSi Sound and Nintendo DSi Shop. The most noticeable feature of the slim Nintendo DSi system is its two cameras - one camera is on the external body, and the second one points at the user when the device is flipped open. As the first truly interactive digital camera in a video game system with 10 different interactive "lenses" that can manipulate your photos, the Nintendo DSi Camera offers an easy way to take and share your photos with family and friends. The cameras also present people with unprecedented ways to interact with their games while giving developers a new tool to devise creative games and experiences. If the touch screen gave Nintendo DS a sense of feel and the microphone allowed it to hear, the two cameras give Nintendo DSi the sense of sight.
Another enhanced feature is the Nintendo DSi Sound application, which serves as both an interactive voice recorder and music player that allows users to play with their music while they listen to it. Users can access different audio filters or control the pitch and speed of recorded voice or music files to alter voices or change the tempo of a song. The mic is located between the two screens when the device is flipped open, and there is also a stereo headphone output that lets users listen to music saved on an SD card, even with the screen shut.
- Size (when closed): 137 millimeters (5.4 inches) wide, 74.9 millimeters (2.9 inches) long, 18.9 millimeters (0.74 inches) tall.
- Weight: Approximately 214 grams (7.5 ounces).
- Top Screen: A backlit, 3.25-inch, transmissive TFT color LCD with 256 x 192 pixel resolution and .24 mm dot pitch, capable of displaying 260,000 colors.
- Touch Screen: Same specs as top screen, but with a transparent analog touch screen.
- Cameras: 680 x 480 pixel resolution, 0.3 megapixels.
- Wireless Communication: IEEE 802.11 with enhanced security (WPA). Wireless range is 30 to 100 feet, depending on circumstances; multiple users can play multiplayer games using just one Nintendo DS or Nintendo DSi game card (region locked), depending on the software. Ability to connect to Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection, Nintendo's wireless gaming network. Ability to download demo versions of Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi games from DS Download Stations, Nintendo Zone, or via the Nintendo Channel of the Wii console.
- Controls: Touch screen, embedded microphone for voice recognition, A/B/X/Y face buttons, + Control Pad, L/R shoulder buttons, Start and Select buttons, dual cameras and volume control. The stylus is approximately 92 millimeters (3.6 inches).
- Microphone: Located at the center of the unit, which allows it to pick up spoken commands regardless of how the Nintendo DSi is positioned.
- LED Lights: Visible even when the Nintendo DSi unit is closed. Three lights indicate if wireless communication function is on or off, whether the battery is being recharged and how much battery life is left before it needs to be recharged.
- Input/Output: Ports for Nintendo DSi game cards, Nintendo DS game cards, an SD memory card, an A/C adaptor and stereo headphones and a microphone.
- Sound: Stereo speakers providing virtual surround sound, depending on the software.
- Battery: Lithium ion battery delivering three to 14 hours of play on a 2.5-hour charge, depending on use; power-saving sleep mode; AC adapter.
- Languages: English, French, Spanish.
- Parental Control: An easy-to-use option that allows parents or guardians to manage access to Nintendo DSi exclusive and compatible software based on the ESRB rating, PictoChat, DS Download Play, Nintendo DSi Browser, and certain user-created content that may be inappropriate for some members of their household. It can also help manage the use of Nintendo DSi Points in the Nintendo DSi Shop and wireless exchange of photo data. Nintendo DSi Parental Controls are not compatible with existing Nintendo DS software.